FULL TIME NEWS
· Write and voice news for Oldies 100.9 and other MBC markets
· Web publishing to MBC Media websites and social media posts
· Operate on-air board, automation program, and studio equipment
· Represent the station at Community events as a reporter or Emcee
· Attend community events and conduct interviews for news stories
· Attention to detail and commitment to ensuring news content is factual
· Other related duties as assigned by general manager, group news director or group program director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· Excellent news writing skills.
· Strong audio editing and board operation skills.
· Experience covering municipal councils and local news conferences preferred.
· Working knowledge of Wavepad, Adobe Audition and Wireready programs an asset.
· Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused when the pace becomes very fast.
· Valid driver’s license (driver’s abstract requested).
Interested in having some fun and making a commitment to the objectives noted above?
Applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by Wednesday, August 14th to:
Jordan Mercier, Group Assistant News Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodie Jenkins, General Manager
Email address: email@example.com
MBC values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity