We have a rare opportunity in the beautiful Cariboo of British Columbia based in Quesnel.
Cariboo Country CKCQ 100.3 FM and sister station CKWL 570 Williams Lake are looking for our next dare-to-be-great announcer. The right candidate will be outgoing and ready to really dig into the community. In addition, you'll be joining one of Vista’s most dynamic and talented teams. At Cariboo Country we pride ourselves in creating the opportunity for advancement. If you're ready to jump-start your career, this is the place for you!
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 41 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 65 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
● Be a storyteller with creative, compelling content
● Learn how to be a part of music scheduling
● Maintain station social media pages and websites
● Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances, as required
● Attend regular air checks
● Liaise with clients as necessary
● Assist sales and help develop creative promotions
● Prepare a great show for our audience
● Voice track shifts on both Cariboo Country and our rock station The Goat Rock.
● Voice commercials for other Vista properties as needed
● Broadcast experience an asset
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Self- starter (is a big-time necessity)
● Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
● The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
● A valid class 5 driver's license
● Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, and Enco is a big-time plus.
● Demonstrated ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
● Familiarity with G Selector an asset
Please attach a link to a SoundCloud/YouTube audio demo with your application.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and audio demo to firstname.lastname@example.org